1994-2011 Technical Director /Managing Director
RWM DATA MANAGEMENT. I started this with 2 other directors to create a solution for the large amount of paperwork which exists in litigation.
The company processed over 100 million pages to many organisations, both private and governmental (Serious Fraud Office, National Crime Squad, Inland Revenue, CIA, IPCC, SOCA + Many police forces and Councils)
The company employed over 70 people in 2007.
I designed a complete service called ALPHASCAN :
A scanning and processing system to convert paperwork to electronic version along with all software to access it. I designed front end systems to allow the images to then be used (searched, catalogued, annotated, etc). I also selected and setup all the hardware.
- I designed and developed tiff Group 3/4 decoders in Assembler.
- I designed and developed a full text indexing system written originally in Borland Pascal and C.
- I designed and developed all the Database structure and software to access it.
- With the move from DOS to Windows the Software was redesigned and rewritten in Delphi.
- I designed and implemented nearly all the paperwork processing systems using barcodes(The Serious Fraud Office used our systems for their internal processing of paperwork)
I designed and wrote a document Archiving system:
- This started as a cut down version of our full Alphascan system but as it became popular it evolved into a completely seperate piece of software.This was written in DELPHI.
- I wrote an online version in 2008 in Delphi.
I also designed and wrote :
- Timesheet System to handle exactly how we worked and incorporating a Banked hours systems.
- A Job system so each clients requirements could be handled exactly without errors.
- A scheduling system so jobs were automatically scheduled dependant on set parameters including Staff and Equipment Availability and Client requirements.
- I also oversaw the implementation ISO 9001 quality assurance.
We voluntary liguidated the company in 2011 not owing any other companies any money.
The software and systems are still in use.
Skills: Full Text indexing, Business Analysing, Systems Design, Database Design, Assembler, Borland Pascal,Microsoft C, Optical Character Recognition, BarCoding, Workflow, Scheduling, People Management, Regulatory Compliance, performance monitoring.
Startup Company to provide a service to be used by Liquidators to recover money unclaimed under the rules of the Late Payment Act.
- Along with a colleague I designed and wrote software to interrogate the accounts systems to find unpaid monies. The system would then automatically produce demand letters.
- We used this software when RWM closed and recovered £42k.
This project was stopped when there was no agreement between the founders on how to move the company forward.
Skills: Systems Design, Delphi.